Turn Your Home Renovation Oh-No’s into an Oh-Yes!
Jun 27, 2019 at 12:42pm
With the summer season right around the corner, you might have the itch to spruce up your home and work on projects you put off during the winter. Before you complete any DIY projects, make sure to avoid this list of home renovation no-no’s.
- Avoid oil-based paint and instead opt for a water-based paint which is less toxic and easier to clean.
- Don’t hose toxic paint residue into the gutter. Instead, use a sink.
- It is dangerous to store paint cans in open, unsafe spaces. Place all paint cans into a rigid and durable container.
- Do not leave project debris open to water flow or wind. Instead, properly dispose of it or cover it up with a tarp.
- Never dump toxic home improvement products in the garbage. Instead, locate a nearby household hazardous waste facility to dispose of it. Click on the link to find a nearby location: /app_pages/view/204